Life since she passed has been, unbearable. I dream of her struggles, and the poison that led her to heaven. I feel her presence in my mind and body. I fear forgetting the memories we shared. But as much as I mourn, karma is delivering me the opportunities I need right now. I have been debating transferring for a while now to pursue a career centered around sustainability and health, and it crossed my mind to go back to vermont. At the funeral, her roommate told me she said I would go back. Some people don't believe in signs, but I can't help but believe she is helping me realize what I need to do and when.
So... in honor of savoring the last bit of the tofu in my fridge, here is a recipe for this morning's tofu scramble:
warning- all measurements are estimated as I normally am experimenting
- 1/3 package firm tofu
- 1/8 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/8 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1/8 cup yellow tomato (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp curry powder
- 1/6 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/6 tsp chili powder
For garnish: chopped chipotle pepper & dash of nutritional yeast w/ ground pepper
- heat olive on in medium size pan with olive oil. chop your vegetables and add them.
- before your vegetables begin to sweat, drain your tofu and place the block on a plate. place a folded paper town on top and top with a heavy object. this will drain some of the water out of your tofu which prevents your tofu turning mushy in the pan.
- after, throw your spinach and tofu in the pan. allow to cook for a few minutes before adding in your spices.
- top with anything your heart desires and enjoy!